4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Human Resource function at the Shiloh Plant provides HR business partnership to over 300 salaried, hourly, and contingent associates. This include assisting the leadership group by consulting and solving various associate issues, recruiting highly skilled human resources, meeting and maintaining regulatory compliance requirements, and developing policies and practices that complement business and associate needs.
* Manage broad HR activities including but not limited to staffing, positive associate relations, union avoidance, compensation and benefits, performance and talent management, training and development, and compliance:
* Associate Relations: Be an associate advocate and counsel; investigate and provide responses to ombudsman complaints. Develop, communicate, and administer polices and procedures to provide consistency among management and to maintain an issue-free and union-free environment.
* Staffing: Coordinate with leadership to identify staffing and manning needs. Maintain a consistent, objective system to attract, promote and select staffing capable of meeting and exceeding business targets in a timely manner. Ensure there is succession planning per each staff area.
* Organizational Development: Provide on-boarding and training programs for associates. Coach, mentor and work with managers to identify developmental and training needs for the growth of associates. Ensure progress is monitored through MyPath and evaluation systems.
* Communications: Develop and maintain effective communication programs for the facility.
* Compensation: Act as compensation consultant for staff for promotions/merit/APA. Ensure a consistent process for hourly increases with well defined job descriptions.
* Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS): Ensure compliance with 29 CFR 1910; manage, drive, and maintain EHS programs and compliance; ensure a clean, safe and healthy working environment for all associates. Aggressively control workers’ compensation costs through forward looking metrics and associate engagement programs and practices that prevent incidents. Maintain OSHA VPP (Carolina Star) certification.
* Regulatory: Develop and execute plans to ensure AAP, EEO and other compliance related requirements are met.
* Benefits: Maintain a high level of understanding of company benefits including medical and dental, insurance, 401K and pension programs.
* Recordkeeping: Oversee administration of personnel and training files for plant associates - maintaining accurate and confidential personnel records from the point of hiring to termination or retirement.
* Community: Act as a Timken ambassador to the community by fostering active relationship in community programming. Network with other local HR professionals. Administer Timken Foundation and Charitable Trust programs to ensure status as good community citizens. Lead and encourage facility involvement in community programs (United Way, Community College, Chamber activities, etc).
* Lead by example.
* Talent Management – Drive the Talent Management Process for the plant. Provide coaching for proper development of annual objectives and the performance review process, to include Performance Improvement practices.
* All aspects of this job require initimate knowledge of a manufacturing culture.
* Practical experience should include plant floor interactions, demonstrated leadership abilities and problem solving abilities.
* Strong communication at all levels of the organization.
* Experience in manufacturing is an enabler to success.
* Ability to act as an associate advocate, business partner, and influencer of others.
* PHR, SPHR, GPHR certifications are not required but a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree HR or Business related discipline with 10 years of HR experience is required
* MBA or Masters in HR is a plus
* EH&S experience is a must. OSHA 30 hour certification would be a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status