3 months ago
Manager, Flight Operations, Challenger-MON15400
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The incumbent is responsible to the Director of Customer Account Management & Flight Operations, Challenger, for production flight test operations, aircraft customer acceptances and aircraft deliveries worldwide, as well as all administrative duties including but not limited to, budget compliance, staffing levels, and day to day pilot supervision and support.
The incumbent is responsible to the VP Flight Operations through the Director Flight Operations - BA for all operational compliance requirements.
In your role, you will:
• Be a full-time member of the FOC.
• Manage the daily crewing of pilots to meet the needs of the business.
• Ensure production aircraft meet Certificate-of-Airworthiness standards through the completion of production flight tests;
• Participate in the management of the Flight Operations Budget.
• Directly manage and supervise the pilot team to ensure the requirements of the site are met.
• Ensure that all the appropriate Flight Test documentation is kept up-to-date and on file as per the regulations.
• Ensure Flight Operations at GCC is consistently operating within the guidelines of Transport Canada/FAA/Other and Bombardier's Flight Ops Manuals and Documentation.
• Manage the performance of the team including conducting formal performance management sessions and vacation planning.
The incumbent is responsible to the Director Flight Operations - BA for ensuring that:
• All flight operations are conducted in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements: (TC, FAA, Other).
• All flight operations are conducted in accordance to the BBD approved policies and standard operating practices as per the CAR 604 Exemption, Special Flight Permits, the Private Operator Certificate, Bombardier Aerospace Operations Manuals, and approved company Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
• All pilots operating BBD aircraft meet the requirements and standards required for the assigned task.
• Maintaining compliant pilot records on FOA World.
• Assigning pilots operational and training duties, and monitor those duties to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with BAOM and other regulatory requirements as appropriate.
• Ensuring that initial and annual training is scheduled for their pilots.
• Ensuring that all flight operations are conducted in a safe, legal and expeditious manner.
• Providing input to the flight operations group to the development and maintenance of all related Flight Operations Manuals and documentation to ensure compliance and best practice.
• Ensuring Challenger flight operations is fully aligned and compliant with the BA Flt Ops SMS.
As our ideal candidate,
• You hold a Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License, 5000 hours of total flying time, current instrument rating and a valid Class 1 medical certificate.
• You have a minimum of 2 years as a BA production captain.
• You have very sound judgment and excellent communication skills.
• You have the ability to travel on very short notice for extended periods.
• You have the ability to work without direct supervision.
• You hold a University degree, technologist’s diploma in science / engineering, or equivalent industry experience is a definite asset.
• You possess significant international experience.
• You have sound knowledge of the BFTOM, BAOM and all related documentation including, but not limited to, the S&P 3000.
• You have relevant experience in Safety-of-Flight and Safety Risk Management processes.
• You possess excellent communication skills in English and in French.
• You have previous experience in a supervisory role.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Montréal.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Airplane Pilot
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.05.2018, 8:15:41 AM