3 months ago
Manager, Controlling, Finance-MON15488
At Bombardier Aerostructure and Engineering Services (BAES), we are the largest aerostructures supplier for Bombardier’s sustaining programs as well as for the C Series and the Global 7000 programs, providing structures such as cockpits, all-composite wings, rear fuselage and many other key structures and components.
We are present on four continents including manufacturing and engineering sites in Montréal, Canada; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Querétaro, Mexico; and Casablanca, Morocco.
In addition, there are service centers in Dallas, U.S. and in Belfast, Northern Ireland, which provide maintenance services for structures, including major modifications and repairs.
Our key focus over the short to medium term remains to deliver on cost saving initiatives for current sustaining programs and programs under development.
Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Dorval, you will report to the Finance Director & Controller. In collaboration with the BAES sites lead of controlling, you will be responsible for the financial controlling of BAES division.
Being part of the controlling function is a unique opportunity to be directly involve and to have a tangible impact in putting your talent at work in building a best-in-class organization that will drive strong financial controls and financial discipline across BAES that will bring reliable and consistent financial performance.
In your role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leader of all controlling activities within BAES division
- Ensure validation and data integrity of the monthly and quarterly actuals results;
- Supervise, prepare and review monthly divisional variances analysis (actuals vs. actuals);
- Participate in the preparation and the validation of various disclosures for external publication (MD&A, etc.);
- Manage and coordinate the Hard Close procedures in relationships with BAES sites;
- Coordinate the Client Assistance Package from external auditors pertaining to BAES as well as post mortem for improvements
- Implement controls to maximize the BAES Finance effectiveness leveraging the controlling community (GCCG, CASRA, Cost Accounting, FSSC, etc.) and tools such as the new Cadency software.
- Review and prepare accounting policies and accounting opinions memos on BAES transactions;
- Validate internal controls, identify risks and opportunities; propose recommendation and validate implementation;
- Implement key performance indicators on controls and reporting;
- Review statutory financial statements of BAES sites;
- Be a leader within our AES cell to strive for diamond by continuous improvement, rigor and discipline that will provide concrete results to help become the benchmark for AES.
- Respond to ad hoc requests;
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent;
- Possess a professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent;
- Possess a minimum of eight to ten (8-10) years of professional experience in controlling or auditing or other relevant experience;
- Possess a good knowledge of the IFRS accouting principles;
- Have experience in personnel management;
- Have good knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word);
- Knowledge of HFM (Oracle) consolidation software, BPC, SAP and Cadency would be considered as an asset;
- Have a strong ability to communicate and to simplify accounting information;
- Possess strong team spirit, analytical skills and demonstrate flexibility;
- Have good spoken and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Possess excellent leadership skills and are oriented towards results;
- Possess the ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with peers, partners and customers;
- Possess good judgement and the capacity to prioritize multiple projects concurrently, meeting tight deadlines, adapting to changing priorities and to work under pressure and in a complex environment.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
Bombardier employees interested in this position must apply through Bnet or ExpressNet indicating their current employee status.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Controller / Comptroller
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 16.05.2018, 6:29:47 PM