3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
We are looking to add a Senior Buyer to our team in Chula Vista, CA. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for managing multiple programs by negotiating with suppliers, reporting, data analysis, identifying resources, creating long term agreements, negotiating with customers and meeting with internal teams to drive accountability and ownership.
* Statistical Analysis: Analysis of pricing, sales data, fleet profiles and supplier performance to develop forecasted consumption trends.
* Develop profitability models and NPV's.
* Engineering Analysis: Perform detail drawing reviews and deep structural analysis to determine high potential, never consumed future ordering patterns.
* Project Management: Oversight of 22,000 part numbers to ensure detailed "plan for every part". Quantitative Analysis: Gather Intelligence from Nacelle Industry.
* Supply Chain Expert: Place purchase orders, monitor supplier performance, negotiate long term agreements and perform Senior Leadership presentations.
* Ability understand contractual language and ensure contractual compliance.
* Possess strong quantitative, analytical, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to see alternative solutions.
* Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
* Self-starter that is well organized and able to make sound decisions from proper analysis of data.
* Excellent communication skills
Qualification: Minimum Qualifications:
* Supply Chain experience - Place purchase orders, monitor supplier performance, negotiate long term agreements. Ability understand contractual language and ensure contractual compliance.
* Experience presenting in front of Senior Leaders
* Experience creating supply chain reports, and analyzing the data
* SAP experience
* MS Office Experience – Excel(Create/Update Spreadsheets, Macros, Pivot Tables), Word(Create/Update Documents), Powerpoint(Create Presentations)
* Experience using WEBI and Business Warehouse
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BS in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Sciences or BA in Materials Management or Business Management.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.