4 months ago
Responsible for managing and maintaining the system of aircraft technical records.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be legal to work in the United States (A citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work)
Education and/or Experience:
* Min of 5 years of aircraft records experience required
* Associate’s degree or higher preferred
* Experience with oversight of technical data records keeping (aviation preferred)
* Must read, write and speak the English language fluently
* Proficiency in math is required
* Ability to program and perform calculations using database software/spreadsheets preferred
* Movement of documents/records
* Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs
* Sitting at a desk/computer for extended periods of time
* Typing (data entry/search functions/etc)
* Positive attitude is a must!
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Comprehensive understanding of aviation standards and safe operating practices, Federal Regulations 14 CFR Part 121 and 145 and Operations Specifications required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
* Proficient in Computer Based Tracking Programs (CBT) (i.e. Maximo, Trax, etc.)
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain working relationships with multiple departments within the Company and external organizations.
* Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
* Auditing and presentation skills for presenting results.
* Leadership experience in large organization is preferred.
* Responsible for maintaining a system of records that will ensure the availability of proper time control and substantiate historical data for all airframes, engines and components, accessories, appliances, Airworthiness Directives, Engineering Orders and Fleet Campaign Directives.
* Responsible for establishing and modifying the policies and procedures for the technical aircraft records department in accordance with industry guidance.
* Records system will be maintained in accordance with Company policies, procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations.
* Manage, mentor, train, and lead all Technical Operations Records Department personnel
* Expand, improve and maintain the digital scanning system for Records which includes digitizing all aircraft records, performing optical character recognition and indexing the records for archiving and reference and retrieval.
* Ensure proper support is provided to external agencies, and/or companies with any requests regarding the aircraft technical records.
* Ensure proper support is provided to internal departments and/or personnel with any requests and/or problems to provide proper information and/or resolution.
* Responsible to provide the oversight of the transfer of records to/from other organizations.
* Manage the Records Department budget and recommend cost-saving measures.
* Able to work with other groups/departments on problem solving resolutions.
* Understanding and oversight of and the Safety Management System (SMS) program and processes for the Technical Operations Records department.
* Ensure continuous departmental audit process is conducted and followed.
* Position will be located at Company HDQ – Minneapolis, MN
* Work area is cubicle and separate, secure Records room
* Travel Required up to 10-25% of the time
* Extended periods of sitting at a computer/desk
* Monday – Friday (hours flexible for set schedule within normal business hours of 7am-5pm, i.e. 7a-4p, 7:30a-4:30p, or 8a-5p. Also some weekend work may be required in certain circumstances based on operational necessity)
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.