6 months ago
Manager AEMP Engineering
1 day ago(6/11/2018 8:55 AM)
# of Openings
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Provides technical consultation and guidance to peers working in the areas of Production and QC.
* Manages any engineering personnel located on site involved with the development of repair designs and plans.
* Coordinates technical requirements with manufacturers, repair agencies, and other internal Customers as necessary.
* Represents Southwest Airlines at Industry Technical Conferences, Working Groups, and other related technical meetings.
* Remains current on all assigned systems and equipment, state of the art designs and related repair techniques.
* Coordinates major repairs with the appropriate regulatory and technical authorities.
* Coordinates technical aspects of repair activities with applicable SMEs either internal or external to Southwest.
* Is a champion and ambassador for changes and continuous improvements to streamline and improve process effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Establishes and then collects and reports key performance metrics regarding Engineering functions to determine focus areas for improvement and to develop justification for process and procedural enhancements.
* Utilizes this key metric data to develop and set performance standards and control limit thresholds.
* Performs performance appraisals for direct reports and works to develop team members to continuously improve the capabilities and effectiveness of the Technical Operations organization and functions.
* Remains current on industry measures and state of the art systems/components.
* Complies with any directives as set forth from time to time by the company and superiors.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field required.
* 5 to 8 years Airline, OEM, or MRO engineering experience involvement with aircraft repair development and implementation (required).
* Familiarity with Title 14 Parts 25, 43, and 121 CFR (required).
* 2 to 3 years of direct or indirect engineering management experience (required)
* FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) experience (preferred).
FAA Airframe and Powerplant license a plus.
Gain access to areas of aircraft where inspections, alterations, and repairs are being conducted.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Must be proficient in and knowledgeable of aircraft repair and modification procedures, applicable regulations, and aviation engineering principles and practices.
* Must be able to work well with others as part of a team and be able to manage and influence others to provide specific results.
* Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment with scheduled time-lines.
* An ability to resolve conflicts and instill a collaborative tone is a critical skill.
* Must be able to communicate effectively verbally, face to face, as well as in written format.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Self-motivated and initiative to achieve consistent results are required. Must be conscientious and detail oriented.
Can expect up to 25% travel with decreased or increased travel based upon departmental need.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?