about 1 year ago
Responsible for reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and develops an action plan to reduce or eliminate a delay. Manage, monitor and schedule all 747 flight mechanic activity.
* Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all 747 maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
* Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
* Manages implementation of repair action plans.
* Actively monitor and schedule all 747 flight mechanic duties to ensure sufficient coverage is available as outlined in the GMM MM.
* Work with 747 flight mechanics and coordinate travel and hotel as needed.
* Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
* Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
* Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
* Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
* Briefs HDQ Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft.
* Provides on the job training for Maintenance Controllers.
* Actively monitor and schedule MIA MCC controllers to ensure 24 hour coverage, 7 days a week.
* Airframe and Powerplant License required.
* Minimum 5 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
* Experience with 747-200/300 and GMM.