about 1 year ago
Maintenance Training Instructors are responsible to conduct training events for both Sun Country employees and their maintenance vendors. This training can include both aircraft specific training and non-technical type training. The Instructors will work with Maintenance, Quality Control, Engineering, Technical Services, Maintenance Programs and Reliability, Maintenance Planning, Maintenance Control, External Maintenance Vendors, as well as the FAA and the Airworthiness Review Board (ARB), to define, develop, and improve training curriculum.
* The Maintenance Training Instructor is responsible to provide efficient and effective training utilizing the latest training aids, tools, and methods ensuring that all activities conducted are in strict compliance with the GMM.
* Instructors will conduct comprehensive initial, recurrent, and on-the-job training.
* Maintain special authorization training such as Run/Taxi (live aircraft or simulator), Airworthiness Release, ETOPS, LLM, and RII.
* Conduct aircraft systems training (both Gen Fam and system specific)
* Review training program to ensure content and delivery meet both FAA and company standards.
* Assist in the planning, organizing, and development of training initiatives.
* Attend training events conducted by outside vendors.
* Travel and conduct training events for external maintenance providers.
* Must keep accurate training records for persons who have attended both internal and external training events.
* Mentoring new Maintenance Technicians and others that may need focused refreshers.
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full time position with possible irregular hours / days off based upon training requirements.
Travel: As needed to fulfill MN Airlines d/b/a Sun Country Airlines operational needs.
Required Education and Experience:
* Airframe and Powerplant license required
* B737NG experience preferred
* B737NG General Familiarization preferred
* Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving skills
* Work effectively with minimal supervision under stressful situations
* Must be computer literate (Microsoft Applications)
* Hours varied to accommodate maintenance schedule requirements
* Previous Maintenance Instructor experience preferred