6 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Virgin America Technical Operations is hiring seasoned Line Maintenance Technicians to perform high quality routine and non-routine maintenance. Maintaining a high level of aircraft readiness is critical to the success of our airline. Technicians must be willing to operate as a team, be energetic, flexible and safety focused. If you love working on commercial aircraft and being a member of a high performing team, this job is for you.
SFO (VX - 230427), DAL (VX - 230418), LAX/JFK (VX - 230426)
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports maintenance activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Ensures Virgin America aircraft are ready for scheduled flights.
- Works collectively with all departments to deliver the best possible guest experience.
- Performs day to day planned and unplanned aircraft Line Maintenance.
- Performs Virgin America maintenance in compliance with Company manuals & job cards.
- Completes and maintains required training and specialized training.
- Participates actively in the development and improvement of maintenance methods.
- Maintains Line Maintenance related tooling, stands and ground equipment.
- Performs all aspects of Line Maintenance. (e.g., Troubleshooting, Inspections, Taxi & Engine Run etc.)
- The day to day performance of maintenance on A320 and A319 aircraft.
- Performs maintenance according to the Virgin America Maintenance Manuals.
- Communicates with Maintenance Control as defined in the GMM.
- Participates in maintaining the preparedness of the maintenance station.
- Performs all work tasks with a high level of quality.
- Ensures all paperwork and records are completed and handled as outline in the GMM.
- Participates in aircraft specific specialized training.
- Provides regular predictable attendance.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- Ability to lift 85 lbs.
- Ability to clearly write, read, and speak the English language.
- Ability to squat, bend and climb regularly.
- Ability to work off of stands and lift trucks.
- Ability to read wire diagrams and disseminate various levels of work instruction related to Line Maintenance and Aircraft Modification.
- Skilled in A320/A319 systems and troubleshooting.
- Able and willing to work any shift to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to qualify for an airport security badge.
- Possesses a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Valid driver's license.
- FAA drug test required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Sheet metal and Avionics skills.
- 2 years of air carrier commercial aircraft maintenance experience.
- 2 years of A320 Family aircraft hands on experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is at JFK in New York, NY.
Please apply on or before: 11:59 PM, 01/19/18 PST
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.