|Job Title:||Maintenance Supervisor - Kansas City|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt
|External Description:||SUMMARY: This position holds distinct technical and administrative responsibilities. Responsible for assuring that maintenance tasks and functions are carried out in compliance with the applicable requirements of the air carrier maintenance program and their inspection procedures manual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure that all work performed by, or under their supervision, whether in-house or by a subcontractor, is performed in an airworthy manner and in compliance with approved technical data and has had all maintenance steps accomplished.
• In this position, a Supervisor, may not supervise the maintenance, preventative maintenance, or alteration, or approve and return to service, any aircraft, or part thereof, for which that Supervisor is rated unless that Supervisor has satisfactorily performed the work concerned at an earlier date.
• Responsible for on-time delivery and adjustments of aircraft delivery schedules.
• Coordinates with Marketing in terms of contract and customer related issues.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for activities of direct reports including, but not limited to, attendance/time management, adherence to company policy and procedures, and development of technical and leadership skills.
• Perform supervisory and disciplinary duties, performance appraisals, and determine rate adjustments for direct reports.
• Responsible for communication of regular performance appraisal and determining pay adjustments for direct reports
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of 18 months aircraft maintenance supervisory experience.
• Must hold an appropriate current airman’s certificate in accordance with FAR 65 and must have had of practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, material, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in the work for which the station is rated within the last 18 months.
• Exemplary people skills as demonstrated through positions in supervisory and leadership.
• A demonstrated commitment to sound business ethics, professionalism, and equal opportunity.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in this work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.