7 months ago
Maintenance Supervisor K.C.
Kansas City Kansas
Pay Rate: Open
SUMMARY: Responsible for assuring that maintenance tasks and functions are carried out in compliance with the applicable requirements of the air carrier maintenance program and its inspection procedures manual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
* Ensure that all work performed by self or persons under their supervision, whether in-house or by a subcontractor, is performed in an airworthy manner and in compliance with approved technical data and has had all maintenance steps accomplished.
* In this position a Supervisor may not supervise the maintenance, preventative maintenance, or alteration of, or approve and return to service, any aircraft, or part thereof, for which that Supervisor is rated unless that Supervisor has satisfactorily performed the work concerned at an earlier date.
* Responsible for on-time delivery and adjustments to aircraft delivery schedules.
* Coordinates with Marketing in terms of contract and customer related issues.
* Regular and prompt attendance.
* Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Some travel may be required.
Direct and reassign maintenance manpower in response to workload requirements. Evaluate employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of technical and leadership skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Exemplary people skills as demonstrated through positions in leadership.
* Demonstrated commitment to sound business ethics, professionalism, and equal opportunity.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Must hold appropriate current airman’s certificate in accordance with FAR 65 and must have practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, material, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in the work for which the station is rated within the last 18 months.
* Minimum of 18 months’ aircraft maintenance leadership experience.
Richie Wellcome, Director of Talent