about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
Position: Maintenance Operations Control (MOC) - Technical Operations
Reports to: Manager, Line Maintenance
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Line Maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Act as the focal point for all technical dispatch status and control of in-service aircraft.
* Oversight of all open deferred defects on the fleet
* Liaise with Duty Manager with regard to any Aircraft On Ground [AOG] aircraft.
* Monitor the performance of in-house and contracted Approved Maintenance Organization [AMO] personnel in the maintenance of Company in-service aircraft for completion of maintenance tasks.
* Arrange hangar facilities for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on in-service aircraft at the main maintenance base and outstations when required.
* When required, will issue a maintenance release under the authority of Approved Maintenance Organization in accordance with his/her Aircraft Certification Authority [ACA]
* Control the Elementary Work carried out by Flight Crews.
* Responsible to Issue “Deferral Authorization” to Pilots and contracted maintenance in accordance with Company policy and procedures as required.
* Review/monitor recurring defects and advise Manager, Line Maintenance of corrective action/recommendations.
* Other duties as required
* When required, obtain and coordinate documentation for outstation requests
* Utilization of the Safety Management System [SMS] reporting program and adherence to the Safety Policy.
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* A valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s [AME] license issued by Transport Canada.
* Endorsement on Bombardier Q400 aircraft required
* Valid Ontario full ‘G’ drivers licence.
* Aeronautical Radio License issued by Industry Canada
* Possess the ability to obtain necessary security clearances and successfully complete the company screening process.
* Display of leadership skills.
* At least five years relevant experience.
* Possess the ability to make timely and informed decisions
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date March 28, 2018
* Reference ID 63-47-96