3 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/29/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/30/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Maintenance Operational Fleet Planner (MOFP) within the MOC
Maintenance Operation Fleet Planners review Fleet Maintenance tasks forecast and create work packages for all WestJet Encore maintenance bases and Maintenance Repair Organizations (MROs). Communicate with Maintenance Control (MCC) bases and MROs to ensure planned maintenance can be accomplished based on resources, material, and aircraft downtime. Review all Ads and SBs and research parts, effectivity, and associated costs.
• Ensure technical dispatch of Company aircraft prior to commencing daily operations.
• Forecast, plan and schedule maintenance events for overall fleet plan using WestJet Encore CMTS program. This includes:
o Line operations planning
o Long term planning
o Heavy maintenance planning
• Coordinate maintenance events with internal stakeholders and external service providers. This includes coordinating work packages and reviewing work scope with the maintenance department and external service providers
• Accountable for the identification, evaluation, priority and planning of long term defects which have the potential to impact operational aircraft.
• Responsible to ensure that troubleshooting, planned action, scheduling of aircraft, research and requisitioning of parts/manpower are completed forthe rectification of long term defects.
• Develop and distribute technical instructions, work packages, and work scopes.
• Ensuring manpower, inventory spares tooling and Hangar availability.
• Ensure accomplishment of technical work in compliance with MSA (maintenance program).
• Aids other WestJet Encore and Westjet personnel regarding planning and scheduling as required.
• Support Maintenance Programs and Reliability departments
• Reviewing Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, IS mod sums and Repair Drawings. Researching/obtaining required parts and verifying effectivity/applicability.
• Requisition of material as specified by Maintenance,Programs, Reliability or Purchasing groups
• Authorized to request and approve purchase orders for goods and services as per WestJet purchasing policy.
• Complete a maintenance release as defined in MCM
• Responsible to assume the role of a missing team member as operationally required. cross-reference Air-vision with actual MCP routes to ensure schedule efficiencies
• Displays knowledge regarding manpower planning.
• Monitor spare aircraft utilization
• Primary point of contact for the operational duty managers for aircraft swaps
• Communicate Movement Control Plot routing builds with Operational Fleet Coordinators
• Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
• Complete all duties with the highest level of safety and report and condition or process which may adversely affect safety.
• Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the Manager of MCC/Programs
1. Hold a valid M2, E, or S Transport Canada AME license.
2. Must hold a valid WestJet Encore Certification Authority (ACA) for one (1) or more types of transport category aircraft operated by the Company.
3. Minimum five (6) years’ experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft.
4. Must hold a valid Radio License Industry Canada Radio (aeronautical) Certificate
5. Must be familiar with TRAX / Sabre suite / excel / one note
6. Has good knowledge of the Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requirements.
7. Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.