3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Performs a variety of work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of our facilities in repair. Duties may involve machine repair, carpentry, painting, welding, plumbing, electrical, and sheet metal work.
* Keeps machinery and equipment in a state of good repair.
* Examines machinery and equipment for defects in operation. Dismantles, repairs or replaces defective parts
* Works from sketches or blueprints when building, repairing or installing machinery or equipment.
* Move, set, level and align machinery and equipment using precision instruments
* Operates lathes, mills, drill presses, grinders, and welders when building or repairing equipment.
* Performs a wide variety of carpentry work using carpenter tools. Make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work and selects necessary materials.
* Paints walls, equipment, and other structural surfaces using brushes, rollers, spray cans and guns.
* Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
* Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement process as well as safety related activities.
* Over 40 hours per week as scheduled to meet business needs.
* All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
**2nd Shift***-train on 1st shift, then move to second shift
* 2+ years performing related work in a manufacturing environment
* Equipment Maintenance
* Critical Thinking
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Minimal travel required (<10%)
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Technical Degree in Mechanical Repair or similar
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.