3 months ago
United States of America
HCO02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Puebl 50 William White Blvd, Pueblo, CO, 81001 USA
Maintenance Mechanic II
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Maintenance Mechanic II shall be responsible for:
* Learn and maintain 5S standards of a clean, organized work area.
* Ability to problem solve and exercise creativity to develop and/or implement practical solutions. A basic understanding of mathematics and PC skills.
* Learn, understand and effectively follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
* Constantly aware of, and looks for, ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
* Learn, understand and follow established environmental, health and safety standards and procedures while performing daily duties. Is constantly aware of, and looks for, ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
* Demonstration of understanding and implementation of BBS (Behavior Based Safety).
* Following established environmental, health and safety standards and procedures while performing daily duties.
* Ability to use a computer including internet, email and MS Office
* Participate in and support Continuous Improvement initiatives and submit Kaizen’s with ideas and suggestions to reduce variance and improve daily operations
* Develop the skills necessary for promotion consideration
* Performs maintenance service and general support duties requiring a high degree of initiative and personal judgment in diagnosing problems, identifies corrective action, scope of task, selections of work methods, and researches necessary information and equipment to accomplish the task.
* Performs installations, methodical trouble-shooting, problem solving, tear down, repair, re-assembly and test, fabrication and/or replacement of worn or broken parts of factory equipment and facilities in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, and/or established shop practices.
* Provides support of air compressors, boilers and HVAC systems (Closed loop systems).
* Installs, diagnosis, and repairs of electrical 120VAC, 240 VAC, 480VAC, single and three phase systems with a variety of test equipment, i.e. digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.
* Performs plumbing activities to the standard threaded pipe practices as well as PVC and sweated copper connections requiring the use of power threading machines, cement, and/or MAPP gas torch.
* Welding / Fabrication skills a plus, but not required. Performs checks on cooling water treatment for proper chemical balance and environmental compliance.
* Performs programming, diagnostics, and repair as needed on multi-axis CNC controls and PLC.
* Performs preventative maintenance and repair on vacuum furnaces.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
* Technical degree or certification a plus
* Successful completion of Maintenance I Roadmap
* 5 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial maintenance required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Limited exposure to physical risk.
* Ability to work alternating shifts: 4 days on/ 4 days off; Rotate between days and nights every 8 weeks on a 12 hour shift. Working off shift and/or extended hours is required.
* Must be able to frequently lift/carry 0-17 pounds throughout an entire 12-hour shift and up to 35 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to push/pull up to 8 pounds of force.
* Must be able to stand/walk constantly throughout an entire 12-hour shift.
* Must be able to frequently reach for and handle parts.
At this time, we will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.