9 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* Installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, performs operational checks, and calibrates electronic and electrical equipment such as industrial ovens, Autoclaves, robotic equipment, recording and controlling equipment, numerically controlled machines(CNC), PLC, transformers, motor starters and electrical motors where cause of malfunction, method of installation, maintenance/repair can be determined by previous shop practice or manufacturer-supplied information.
* Determines routing, method of installation and installs all electronic or electrical circuitry working from schematics, engineering drawings, written and verbal instruction, blueprints, or where such information is not complete and adherence to state, municipal or underwriters' codes and specifications is required.
* Diagnoses, troubleshoots, pinpoints the cause of malfunction, and determines advisability of repair or replacement and the best and safest method of restoring proper operation.
* Performs mechanical operations incidental to the dismantling, disassemble, repair and installation of electronic or electrical equipment and components.
* Constructs electronic or electrical test equipment and modifies existing equipment in order to accomplish special developmental purposes.
* Conducts operational tests on public address systems, electrical motors, and performs calibration as required.
* Troubleshoots on hot circuits and makes repairs and installation on low and medium voltage primary circuits.
* Uses the necessary equipment, tools and materials required to perform the work described herein.
* Maintains good shop practice.
Qualification: To apply a thorough knowledge of electronic and electrical theory and maintenance shop practices and procedures. To meet color vision requirements. To read and interpret complex wiring and circuit diagrams, schematics, engineering drawings, blueprints, etc. To use shop mathematics including algebra and trigonometry. To obtain licenses and certifications as required. To climb and work at various heights.
All qualified applicants must have the ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and lift up to 25 lbs. repetitively throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
5+ years of relevant experience required
Preferred: Industrial Electrician
Education: 5+ years of relevant experience required
Preferred: Industrial Electrician
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.