2 months ago
The Maintenance Controller will coordinate required and scheduled maintenance of aircraft while maintaining maximum availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinate scheduling of aircraft between operations and maintenance to provide maximum safe and cost effective maintenance; assure compliance with FARs and Company maintenance manual; monitor current status of all aircraft, including status of deferred items, assuring systematic troubleshooting and timely correction of discrepancies; approve and record all items that are deferred or carried over.
* Make controlled work assignment in order to address items, which are pilots, reports, deferred, carried over, or which have been identified as chronic problems; maintain daily log of all maintenance activities, including all discrepancies by aircraft registration numbers;
* Schedule maintenance and parts changes, to include movement of required parts to the aircraft.
* Discuss all pilot reports and non routine items with respective line station/line mechanics as each aircraft flight terminates; monitor discrepancies reported on a daily basis in order to identify chronic non-routine items;
* Maintain communication with Dispatch and Operations personnel to insure they are aware of current aircraft status; coordinate projects with maintenance manager and inspection personnel; coordinate maintenance field trips and maintenance personnel travel; schedule hands-on maintenance in Spokane or other location.
* Provide technical assistance to maintenance personnel; evaluate the effectiveness of the Maintenance Program in all of its applications at the practical level in order to alert the Director of Maintenance and the Director of Quality Control of presence of program defects or deficiencies; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the organization and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
* Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
* Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A&P license with experience in maintenance of same or similar aircraft used by Company, preferred. Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, have a valid driver’s license with insurable record through Empire’s policy, required. Must adhere to the Company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program, required.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with travel required. Will be exposed to noise and hazards associated with a hangar. Requires standing, walking, sitting, bending and stooping for extended periods of time. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Requires manual dexterity, speaking, seeing and hearing to conduct business