12 months ago
About the GTAA
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CONNECT THE WORLD – Toronto Pearson is Canada’s leading global hub airport. Help to drive our vision to become the best airport in the world. Together, we will demonstrate that our passengers are our passion, by showing respect, integrity and delivering innovative products and services.
Reporting to the Manager, Airside Electrical this position is responsible for the structural integrity of the assets within the aviation infrastructure. Performing Preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, Airfield Lighting rebuilding and response maintenance is paramount in ensuring that the maintenance systems are operating well for our passengers, tenants and Stakeholders.
* Performs preventative, corrective, and demand maintenance to GTAA systems and facilities both indoor and outdoor
* Various fixture relamping (Airside)
* Airfield lighting fixture rebuilding
* Heavy Machine Operations (Airside)Investigate and make safe: broken glass in windows and doors, damaged or lifting floor coverings, stair treads etc.
* Provide assistance to skilled trades (electricians, millwrights, plumbers, carpenters) in Terminal Infrastructure Response and Reliability or Airside Infrastructure
* Provide general laborer duties when required
* Drywall repairs, taping and sanding ensuring walls are ready for paint
* Wallpaper removal and new installation
* Painting walls, ceiling, bollards, etc.
* Operating hand tools and equipment as well as woodworking machines, such as table saws, planers and drills, weed trimmers, operate equipment or machinery related to assigned maintenance tasks including forklift, aerial platform, boom truck, vac truck, Sand blaster etc.
* Shop, storage facility and vehicle clean up
* Restocking of parts and supplies
* Cutting, gluing and assembling components
* Escort contracted work forces to and from job sites for security purposes as required
* Re-starting of escalators and moving walkways
* Carpet installation and repairs, baseboard, marmoleum installation and ceramic tile installation
* Perform maintenance on various types of doors and hardware
* Trouble shoot and repair power automatic doors and swing doors
* Demonstrate the GTAA’s values
* Must have a high school diploma and/or 6 years of combined equivalent work experience and education
* The successful candidate will have experience working on building & airfield systems/Airside systems such as but not limited to power sliding doors, swing doors, door hardware, ceilings (all types) flooring (all types), walls and wall finishes, glass replacement or various types of Airfield lighting fixtures, relamping many different types of light fixtures with a construction maintenance or equivalent company employing skilled trades and maintenance technicians
* The successful candidate must have a fully satisfactory work performance in their current position and work record that is void of discipline and unacceptable attendance that would have a bearing on the duties, roles and responsibilities of the posted position
* Must be able to work on a 24/7 rotational shift schedule
* The incumbent must also have or be able to obtain a "D" class AVOP license and must possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s License
* Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance
* The successful candidate must meet the security level designated for the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of structural maintenance systems, maintenance activities preventative and corrective maintenance practices, and the ability to use a variety of power and hand tools related to these activities
* Relevant health and safety training, familiarity with airport premises
* Experience in analysis and decision making
* Ability to communicate effectively with the Communication Centre and the Maintenance Technical Center utilizing radios and monitoring radios for emergency calls
* Ability to lift in excess of sixty (60) pounds
* Ability to climb stairs or ladders and kneel or crouch while performing regular duties
* Freedom and ability to work shifts
* Ability to perform duties in inclement weather
* Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with people, including superiors, co‐workers, customers and passengers
We offer a fast-paced, stimulating environment along with an attractive salary/benefit package commensurate with experience. Please forward your résumé to Careerport at the following link:
The GTAA is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.