9 months ago
Where Being Part of the Best Team is Only the Beginning!
Our StandardAero Mission is to be the best to work for, the most trusted service partner and where custom solutions come Standard.
Our StandardAero Vision is to inspire the best and constantly raise the Standard.
THE BEST IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. So why not be part of the best?
StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for business and general aviation, air transport, and military aircraft. We employ the highest quality professionals in locations worldwide and are dedicated to enhancing the ownership and operating experience for every customer.
We are in search of qualified candidates to join our Propeller Team.
• Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, brakes, shears, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
• Perform bench operations as required.
• Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
• Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
• Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
• Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
•Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
•Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
•Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements
•Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
•Carries out other duties as assigned.
•High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• 3-5 years experience working with manual machining.
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes ,metallurgy and heat treating.
• Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity and pneumatics.
•Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
•Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
•Strong mathematical aptitude.
•Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
•Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
•Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
•Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
•Journeyman considered an asset.
•Attainment of trade certification.
•Ability to work shift work is required.