10 months ago
The TPAF Business Unit is recruiting for a motivated Machinist to join its Reworks Team. The individual will be assigned to CNC or Manual machine based on previous experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate should be able to work on multiple types of machines and willing to perform duties on multiple machines.
• Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
• Perform bench operations as required.
• Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
• Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
• Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
• Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Experience working with manual machining and/or CNC (FANUC controllers preferred).
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication methods and processes, metallurgy and heat treating.
• Working knowledge of welding.
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Strong mathematical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
• Journeyman considered an asset.
• Attainment of trade certification.