7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Motor & Crane Services is the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications.
Support motor shop operations by performing Machinist activities. Ensure electric motor parts and components are serviced correctly and in a timely manner to meet customer expectations and fulfill service contracts.
Duties & responsibilities
* Manufacturing shop machining specific to the electric motor industry
* Interpreting and working in accordance with drawings and specifications
* Manual machining, using:
* Vertical Turret and Horizontal Lathe(s)
* Horizontal Boring Machines
* Bridgeport Machines
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Technical / vocational school certification or degree preferred
* At least 2 years’ machining experience in a manufacturing environment (industrial electric motor repair experience a huge plus)
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment.
* Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
* Keep work area clean and organized.
* All other duties as assigned.
M-F 7:00am to 3:30pm
Ability to work overtime, weekends and holiday shifts to meet service demands is required
Timken is proud to maintain a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.