11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
* Demonstrate an ability to perform satisfactory work with minimum supervision
* Ability to lead and direct the work of others
* Perform machining setups and make adjustments to setups as required without supervision
* Perform inspection of work produced.
* Show a continued interest in good housekeeping and safety practices
* Develop awareness of support groups.
* Engage in CI activities
* Creativity and innovation in work duties
* Sets up and operates tool room equipment such as lathes, mills and precision grinders.
* Verifies machine dimensions, alignments, and clearances in accordance with specifications.
* Selects aligns, and secures grinding wheels, holding fixtures, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate grinding parameters, such as speed, feed and depth and angle of cut.
* Perform various miscellaneous and non-standard duties as required.
* Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, and blueprints and be able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend related training courses.
* Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the Cargo Policy MP5322.
* Can efficiently setup and operate CNC mills, machining centers and/or lathes on a simple to moderate operation.
* Experience with machining tooling and prototypes.
* Working knowledge of machine control languages.
* High usage of all company data collection mechanisms (dispatches, data pass, auto time)
* Conduct self-quality audits/perform first piece inspections and subsequent inspections on all work.
* Ensure preventive maintenance schedules are completed with TPM boards kept up-to-date.
* Maintains a neat and well-organized work area.
* Engages in CI activities associated with their work area. (TPM, Heijunka, Standard Work, SMED)
* Should have a high degree of knowledge of a wide variety of cutting tools such as but not limited to mills, drills, carbide inserts and variety of tool steels.
* Familiarity with MP 9001 Quality Policy Manual
* Blueprint Reading
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
* Shop Math / Advanced Metrology
* Continuous Improvement (TPM, Heijunka, Standard Work, SMED)
* DMB (5S, EHS, FOD)
* Machine Shop Technology degree preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.