3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing System division of UTC Aerospace has an opportunity for an experienced Machinist on the 3rd shift. The selected candidate may need to train on 1st shift for specified amount of time, as determined by supervision. The selected individual will perform all set-up procedures and monitor machine performance to ensure the operation runs effectively. Individual must be fully competent with conventional machining, have a high technical aptitude and attention to details while performing work based on overhaul manuals and customer requirement.
* Perform stock removal by either grinding and/or single point machining.
* Verify and inspect work performed with all available types of measuring equipment.
* Interpret the overhaul manuals, service bulletins, and manufacturer’s specifications.
* Ensure compliance with Engineering and overhaul instructions.
* Monitor machine oil levels and operation to ensure proper running and minimize down time.
* Support and actively participate in EH&S and lean/process improvement initiatives.
* Supports cross-training initiatives at the site.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines.
* Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* 4-6 years of experience as machinist.
* Experience with boring mill, lathe, internal and external grinding with a strong focus on quality.
* Proficient with using close tolerance measuring instruments.
* Ability to work autonomously and troubleshoot machining issues.
* Ability to interpret blueprints, manuals, drawings.
* Intermediate computer and SAP skills.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equal
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.