11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
* Entry-level machinist position; typically reserved for machinist-in-training or new graduates from technical school.
* Demonstrate an ability to perform satisfactory work with minimum supervision.
* Perform setups and make adjustments to setups as required.
* Perform inspection of work produced.
* Show a continued interest in good housekeeping and safety practices.
* Develop awareness of support groups.
* Engage in CI activities.
* Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, and blueprints and be able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
* Sets up and operates machine shop equipment, e.g., mills, lathes, drill presses, etc., to cut material and drill holes according to specifications.
* Inspects and measures completed projects with micrometers, calipers, verniers, etc., to ensure conformance to specifications.
* Ability to use Coordinate Measuring Machines. (CMM)
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend related training courses.
* Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the Cargo Policy MP5322.
* Should have a working knowledge of a wide variety of cutting tools such as but not limited to mills, drills, carbide inserts, and variety of tool steels.
* Familiarity with MP 9001 Quality Policy Manual
* Basic Blueprint Reading
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Shop Math / Metrology
* Certified Operator Program
* Continuous Improvement (TPM, Heijunka, Standard Work, SMED)
* DMB (5S, EHS, FOD)
* Machine Shop Technology degree preferred
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.