8 months ago
At Brazonics we specialize in the manufacturing of aluminum brazed assemblies including enclosures, chassis, cold plates and heat exchangers for defense and commercial aerospace industrial markets. Our unique processes go beyond traditional capabilities to provide our customers with durable, highly efficient thermal solutions. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a CNC Set Up Verticle Machinist in our Sandy Bay Machine business located in Rockport, MA.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the CNC Set Up Verticle Machinist will performs the most complex and highly varied machining operations with various CNC milling machines; inspect parts for accuracy, records data. The will perform various tasks to prepare a wide variety of piece parts and finished products for subsequent production or inspection processes in accordance with company quality standards and established time frames.
* Must be able to set up and operate verticle CNC machining centers.
* Loads and unloads piece parts and final assemblies into CNC Milling machines for manufacturing processes.
* Will be responsible for loading and setting all tooling, mounting, leveling and aligning parts to assure all machined dimensions are obtainable.
* Operates equipment to produce parts as assigned and monitors machines to detect equipment or process errors, stops machines if necessary to prevent failures, and informs supervisor of job status as required.
* Inspects parts produced to ensure compliance with specifications indicated on blueprint or other instructions, includes visual and measurement inspection using a variety of inspection instruments.
* Maintains machines and equipment used including breaking down tooling and fixtures, cleaning equipment, replenishing machine coolant supply, and monitoring machine to detect preventative or other maintenance that may be required.
* Performs other assembly and finishing work as assigned within the department or in other departments as workload determines, includes deburring, hardware, etc.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* May visually and with measuring devices inspect finished pieces to assure compliance with written instructions and company standards.
* Maintains work area in clean, safe, operational condition. Reports all malfunctioning equipment in order to speed repairs.
* Observes all health and safety regulations in performance of daily
* Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
* Works from specific written or verbal instructions and general operating practices.
* Maintains production and equipment records.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* Strong communication skills, and must be able to work independently in addition as part of a team.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds in a safe manner.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during workday.
* Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and sound judgment.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; vibration; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.