3 months ago
Manufacturing of high quality landing gear components, through various operations on CNC/Conventional machines, while maintaining the highest level of Safety, Efficiency, Cost and Quality
* • To produce high precision, Complex Landing Gear components with the highest level of Efficiency, Cost and Quality to meet MPS (Master Production Schedule) demands and maintain on time delivery to all Customers both internal and external
* • To accurately set up and run a variety of CNC & Conventional machines (lathes, mills, millturns, etc.), fixtures and tooling according to drawings, production documentation and technical specifications to achieve first time quality
* • To proactively monitor & correct process performance using a variety of measuring tools, instruments and software to maintain the highest standard of Quality
* • To actively participate & support QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control) by interfacing with Supervision, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality when deviations to standards and non-conformances are detected.
* • To accurately complete all appropriate process documentation including product travelers, inspection plans/reports, critical dimension check sheets, etc.
* • Actively participate and promote continuous improvement of processes, methods and tooling to maintain/improve competitive position
* • Participate and support cross training programs.
* • To work safely, adhering to Health and Safety policy as well as maintain a high level of 5S for a clean and safe work environment.
* • General Machinist certification (Red Seal Preferred) or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years Aerospace experience - preferred
* • Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program or a relevant trade school program is required.
* • Proven ability to set-up and operate a variety of CNC machines including vertical/horizontal milling machines, flat bed lathes, gap bed lathes, complex multi-axis mill-turn machines
* • Good understanding of G-Code programming language and Probing Routines/Macros (Renishaw Probes).
* • Experience with Fanuc, Mazatrol, Tosnuc and Siemens 840D controls is considered an asset
* • Must be able to read and interpret Engineering & Manufacturing drawings/instructions with a solid knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
* • Ability to multitask & run CNC equipment concurrently, as required (multi-manning).
* • Ability to inspect/self-verify own work using inspection tools (micrometers, verniers, plug and thread gauges, Johnson gages, height gages and surface plates, etc.)
* • Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, performance and versatility, to comply with the high standards of the Aerospace industry.
* • Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing guidelines, standard work, 5S principles.
* • Strong Problem solving and decision making skills required
* • Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
* • Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently; available to work shifts, with minimum supervision.
* • Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations is considered an asset
* • Basic computer knowledge
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.