6 months ago
NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
Set up, operate, and adjust, all types of manual mills, jig bores and grinders by
following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering
sketches, written and oral instructions.
Prepare and make adjustments to make machines ready for operation. Make adjustments during
machining cycles and install various types of cutting tools to obtain desired results.
Sequence and layout work and perform any bench work necessary to finish parts to quality
Design and build holding fixtures to secure product during the machining process.
Set up machines and dimensionally check cutting tools and/or parts for conformance to
blueprints and specifications using measuring instruments, gauges and tools.
Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues.
Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material,
processes, or quality when required.
Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing
Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledgeable in machine shop processes, geometric dimensioning & tolerances, and
machining capabilities of different types of materials (e.g., cutting speed and feed rates for
material being machined).
• Knowledgeable of machine capabilities & limitations, identifying and
resolving problems such as unusual sounds or vibrations in the machinery, changes in offset
values, and worn cutters/tool inserts.
• Knowledgeable and able to interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches and written
and verbal instructions.
• Knowledgeable and able to apply mathematics including practical math, algebra, geometry
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
• Knowledgeable in safe working practices, emergency procedures and possible dangerous
• Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications (e.g.,
drawings, specifications and other online information systems).
• Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a
team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of
• Able to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
• Able to work close tolerances +/- .0002 on hardened materials using jig bore, surface grinder,
• Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job
Education and/or Training Requirement
This job requires a minimum of a high school education and 1 to 3 years of work related