6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, located in Denver, CO, is seeking a full-time machinist to join the team.
Job Summary: Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
* Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
* Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with techniques to correctly assure proper sizings.
* Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
* Must be capable of holding .0005" machining tolerances.
* Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment.
* Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
* Understand materials and applications as required.
* Perform various welding and fabrication operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders.
* Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g. precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work.
* Sleeve end bells, weld and turn sheaths, cut keyways.
* Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
* Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
* Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye, hand, and ear protection).
* Keep work area neat and clean and perform other housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
* Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
* Assist other shop departments and perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
* Basic mechanical aptitude, minimum 5 years' experience.
* Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
* Ability to work well with others in a team effort as well as a self-motivated individual.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.