about 1 year ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Performs development/prototype and experimental machine work on various types of machine shop equipment. Works on complex assignments requiring original design and preparation of necessary jigs, fixtures, and temporary tooling. Actively contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Routinely works independently with minimum guidance in a team environment.
1. Runs multiple machines and adapts or improvises tooling to accomplish results where operations require expert knowledge of machining technology, operating skills, and shop techniques together with diversified experience.
2. Performs complex machining operations and trouble shoots/resolves complex problems. Able to adapt equipment to meet special machining requirements. Able to set up and operate manual and/or CNC machines on a daily basis.
3. Interprets customer requirements from blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, quality directives, charts, tables, sketches, and verbal instructions.
4. Independently analyzes, determines, and recommends changes prior to manufacturing. Interfaces with engineering to resolve drawing errors, suggest design changes, and solve product/process problems.
5. Develops and defines processes in the absence of formal documentation to produce a final product with little or no direction.
6. Advises and assists with tooling design and improved manufacturing methods and techniques.
7. Inspects finished products for conformance to dimensional specifications utilizing precision
measuring instruments such as gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and complex surface plate techniques. May be required to use coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Ensures equipment is calibrated in accordance with schedule.
8. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to
9. Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division
10. Uses advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry, and general knowledge of metal
characteristics and other processing requirements.
11. Actively contributes to or leads lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on
areas for improvement.
12. Capable of providing guidance in coordinating workload priorities to make appropriate
accommodations based on business demand.
13. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly
14. Conducts training and mentors less experienced team members.
15. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Seven or more years direct industry related machining experience in a high technology
manufacturing environment. Able to work independently with minimum supervisory guidance.
2. Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
3. May require specialized certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified
4. Read, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and
informal written and/or verbal instructions.
5. Proficiently makes and evaluates complex machine setups.
6. Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry.
7. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of gages, precision measuring instruments, and all necessary inspection equipment.
8. Displays ability to lead and/or implement lean initiatives.
9. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the
ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
10. Possesses effective mentoring and training skills, and serves as a resource to other team
11. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee
self‐service systems to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e‐mail).
12. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for
extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
This job is part of a job family and will be filled at a level appropriate to the selected applicant's experience.