8 months ago
Job ID #: 9759
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Functional Area: Operations
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: GED
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
Performs the setup, operation and tear-down of various winding and press machines. Adjustments and measurements may be required during the operation of these machines to ensure quality and accuracy of the finished product. An applicant with previous machine operator experience would be a good candidate for this position. The machine operator will need to select the proper tooling to run specific jobs and to help troubleshoot any issues with the machine and/or tooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs machine and/or process operations using basic hand tools and other equipment that may be unique to the application.
• Performs bench-type processes to complete mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools and/or related equipment.
• Performs assembly operations that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting, fitting and aligning of components.
• Follow standard shop practices
• May rotate to other work stations in the unit to gain mastery of multiple steps in the production process.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Candidate should have at least some experience operating and setting up engine lathes and punch press machines.
• Candidate should also have experience using basic hand tools and assembly equipment.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.