3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
* Observe and follow all environmental, health and safety procedures.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures
* Complete all training as assigned and in the time allotted
* Participate in Continuous Improvement activities
* Maintain a clean and organized work area
* Complete other duties as assigned
* Adhere to all engineering instruction, standard operation procedures, and all departmental procedures
* Familiarity with and knowledge of the following elements is expected:
* Assembly and completion of documentation for each process step including production and/or engineering parts request, shop orders, and load verification as required.
* External and internal set up for each operation
* EH&S requirements for oxidation inhibitor and riveting processes
* Fill out Record of Inspections
* Proper use of PPE, chemical usage, and chemical waste management
* Operate the following equipment and tools:
* Fork truck
* Big Joe
* Riveters both manual and automated
* Scales, calipers, micrometers
* Bar Code Scanning Equipment
* Various tools (mixes, hotplates, etc.)
* Automated Oxidation coating station training
* Oxidation bake out Ovens training
* Familiarity with supporting facilities in finishing area:
* Oxidation bake out Ovens
* Power and pneumatic equipment
* Familiarity with process controls:
* Exposure to Distributive Control System (DCS) and procedures
* Drawing requirements (Assembly)
* Familiarity with process monitoring and quality checks
* Ability to work 4 on/4 off 12 hour shifts, rotating days to nights
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
* Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
* Successful completion of pre-hire skills assessment
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.