7 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The HVAC Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the installation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, including controls and related fixtures such as air and water filters and piping used by refrigeration.
The HVAC Refrigeration Technician maintains, repairs and completes preventative maintenance on various types of HVAC equipment including but not limited to :
* rooftop units
* cooled chilled water systems
* split systems
* cooling towers
* air handlers
* and pneumatic controls
* Maintains, repairs and completes preventative maintenance on various types of refrigeration units
* Performs related work such as installation of compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating fans and other related duties as needed
* Performs other duties as required
* High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
* Massachusetts Refrigeration License and recovery certification
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and diagrams
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
* Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 30 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Experience as refrigeration mechanic working in an industrial environment
* Must be knowledgeable and experienced in the installation, operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and repair of all types of commercial building heating and cooling systems
* Ability to read and interpret detailed plans, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade
* Have knowledge of and understand safety rules in an industrial setting
* Ability to troubleshoot heating / cooling problems
* Must be familiar with industrial and Massachusetts regulations
* Excellent communication skills
* Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities
* Ability to use basic tools and machinery
* Ability to schedule, plan and order materials for jobs
* Strong understanding of HVAC controls
* Ability to relate with and work with customers
* Working knowledge in the installation of large industrial equipment
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.