5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role you will operate all boilers and boiler auxiliaries in the power plant.
* Operate all boilers and boiler auxiliaries in the power plant, including all types of equipment to support the entire facility
* Support the organization and determination of boiler load and load distribution
* Report operating conditions to and operate under the direction of Power Plant Engineer
* Operating includes communication between operators and maintaining proper operating conditions, boiler pressure, steam temperature, water levels and operating all types of auxiliary power plant equipment
* Take required action in emergencies, report any unsafe conditions, keep area clean, etc.
* Monitor alarm panel and take actions to alarms and or notify appropriate personnel
* Make tests on water and determine characteristics such as sulfate, alkalinity, phosphate, solids and oxygen on water condition
* Prepare records, record data and make necessary correction to control water condition
* Perform related duties to maintain proper water treatment
* Report unusual or unsafe conditions and take action when needed and or notify appropriate personnel, take required action in emergencies
* Comply with all state regulations regarding boiler / turbine operation and all state records and logs must be completed
* Complete and maintain company records and logs relative to all phases of the power plant operation and maintenance requests
* Must be knowledgeable of all power plant systems including steam and water lines, condensate lines, surge tank lines, compressed air lines and all other lines pertinent to the operation of the facility
* Power Plant Operators must wear proper PPE for work being performed, keep assigned areas clean and provide communication to Power Plant Operators and Power Plant Engineers
* Perform other duties as required
* High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
* Commonwealth of Massachusetts Third Class Engineer’s License
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Power Plant Operators must wear proper PPE for work being performed
* Ability and Willingness to work rotating shifts
* Willing to work in area with elevated heat and noise
* Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 40 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations)
* Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Experience as an operating engineer
* Experience in the operation of oil and gas fired high pressure boilers, water softeners, air compressors and related auxiliary equipment
* Experience with computers, applications, and keyboarding
* Have knowledge and understand safety rules in an industrial setting
* Ability to troubleshoot problems
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.