9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
The Global Logistics Manager will oversee the entire finished goods Supply Chain for WESCAM which spans from goods leaving the factory through final delivery to end Customers and back. Scope will include inbound and outbound freight, warehousing (3rd party and/or captive), same-day delivery and reverse logistics.
This role will involve developing location and partner strategies to optimize cost and service levels, as well as driving exceptional day-to-day execution against well-defined metrics, all while supporting rapid global expansion.
* Oversee warehousing and distribution channels, strategize and optimize logistics operations, and manage and develop relationships with third party providers. This will include overseeing high-level negotiations with third party logistics (3PL), companies encompassing global logistics, warehousing, inbound/outbound freight, e-comm shipments and courier services
* Explore and potentially manage captive warehouses and/or delivery service operations
* Define and drive performance of cost and service metrics including Key Performance Indicators for Senior Management level executives
* Optimize freight spend globally
* Determine most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation using rate and tariff manuals as well as motor freight and railroad guidebooks
* Deploy processes and systems to give proactive visibility to freight spend
* Model our network and create a proposal for future distribution needs
* Work with a cross functional team to plan and implement network changes
* Create and implement company standards and procedures relevant to material shipping, receiving, sales order dispatch to customers, warehouses and other storage facilities/company locations
* Develop a process for delivering timely freight quotes in support of sales opportunities
* Create a process to triage and resolve transportation issues
* Work with compliance to develop and implement standards and processes to adhere to denied party lists including export filings, HTS updates, etc.
* Ensure transportation regulations are adhered to within the various sites
* Manage the relationship with carriers and brokers and their associated costs
* Head up scheduling of shipments and notify concerned departments or customers of arrival dates
* Initiate investigations into causes of damages or shortages in consignments or overcharges for freight or insurance
* Conduct studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, loading of commodities and evaluate existing procedures and standards
* Initiate changes designed to improve control and efficiency of company logistics
* May negotiate contracts for leasing of transportation equipment or property
* Prepare and manage department budget
* Conducts Quarterly Business Reviews with preferred carriers and freight forwarders
* Conducts Monthly Transportation Communication meetings with site level Logistics and Supply Chain Supervisors
* Monitors Market Conditions and Industry Benchmarks to provide a strategy roadmap for Interior Systems Transportation and Logistics
* Provides input and guidance on transportation budgets and expenses
* Evaluates site level compliance to corporate policy
* Work with Global Trade Compliance and site level Supply Chain Managers to execute supply chain strategies
* Leads global and national carrier agreements and pricing negotiations
* Realization of global or regional projects, while adhering to cost and timing objectives
* Close cooperation with Operations and PMO in implementation of Company's global processes and standards as well as corporate logistics
* Strong negotiation, organizational and communication skills
* Creative thinking
* Skilled user of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels of management
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams
* Ability to manage supervisory team through multiple critical projects, work objectives and deadlines and demonstrate an understanding of employee relations
* Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to handle multiple complex tasks and effectively balance priorities
* Solid analytical and decision making skills
* Project management
* Knowledge of industry or distribution specific measuring processes
* Proficient in using MRP/ERP and warehousing systems
* Proficient Knowledge in HTS/COO requirements
* Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing with a proven track record of leading improvements
* Knowledge of the following:
* Institute of Supply Management (ISM)
* Transportation and Logistics Council (TLC)
* Canadian Production and Inventory Control Society (CAPICS)
* NAFTA customs compliance requirements
* ITAR compliance requirements
* ISO9000/AS9100D standards
Experience and Education
* Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field preferred
* Experience leading, developing and managing a team of 2-3+ individuals directly
* 5-10 years related Logistics experience working with multiple locations across multiple countries
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam