10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Performs a series of steps in the disassembly and re-assembly of electronic products. These steps are performed in accordance with applicable military specifications in an attempt to identify and correct the cause of failure or malfunctions
1. Performs disassembly and re-assembly steps with minimal instruction to a variety of top assembly chassis, as well as, the sub-assemblies and components that make them up
2. Follows operation sheets, engineering drawings and engineering change orders in completion of the re-assembly tasks
3. Exercises care to ensure that each step in the process is completed correctly and that each re-assembly meets the quality specifications
4. Notifies the appropriate personnel of any problems associated with the disassembly or re-assembly process
5. Maintains records as required to charge direct labor time to specific product amounts
6. Performs duties using a variety of hand tools and related production equipment
7. Provides training and mentoring for other employees as required
8. Performs other routine operations within fairly similar situations as required
9. Provide written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
10. Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
11. Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
12. Engages and participates in a self – directed teaming environment
o High School Diploma or GED
o IPC-A-610 Certification
o J-STD-001 Certification
o IPC-7711 Certification
o 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
Skill Level Required:
o Skills required in maintaining close tolerances, complex disassembly and re-assembly using tools & gages, advanced operation sheets and drawings
o Basic computer skills
o Good level of knowledge of manufacturing processes
o Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Past experience in a manufacturing environment; Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment;Lean manufacturing knowledge: IPC-7721 Certification
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia, Suffolk, Islip, Long Island, Ronkonkoma
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.