6 months ago
Line Operations Manager
Apply by Date: Jun 8, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Basic Purpose of Position:
To support and monitor line operations and the Pilot group while contributing to On Time Performance (OTP) and a safe operation. Provide and coordinate regional support to the Chief Pilots Line Operations (CPLOs) regarding safety, operational performance, labour issues and other applicable items in the base. Liaise with other departments and outside parties.
* Conduct follow-ups on flight operations irregularity reports, questions, and concerns in a timely manner.
* Oversee daily operations of flight crew.
* Provide guidance on day to day issues.
* Provide support, coaching, and feedback to the pilot group.
* Participate in the interviewing and selection process for pilot hiring.
* Communicate and bring meaning to department/corporate directions and communications.
* Provide interpretation and guidance of Collective Agreement language.
* Liaise with local Airport Authorities and Air Traffic Services on issues pertinent to day to day operations.
* Provide operational support during IRROPS such as extreme weather events and technological system failures as required.
* Participate in local Union/Management meetings.
* Write Flight Ops Memos to flight crew dealing with operational issues within the region.
* Monitor pilots to confirm compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
* Monitor Pilot absenteeism within the guidelines as set out in the Jazz Attendance Management Program.
* Participate in the daily operations call and report on any information required from investigations.
* Actively involved in the following processes: Return to Work (RTW) checklists, injury reports, irregularity reports, banked deadhead, unread memos, daily absenteeism, Attendance Management Program, Culpable Absenteeism Program investigation, on-time performance.
* Coordinate with the Chief Pilot Line Operations on investigational meetings.
* Liaise with Air Canada Airports groups to ensure operational integrity.
* Communicate regularly with Chief Pilot, Line Operations.
* Participate on local Occupational Safety and Health meetings.
* Liaise with Corporate Safety Investigator on related occurrences.
* Conducts follow-up on safety reports when assigned, questions, and concerns in a timely manner.
* All other duties assigned by Chief Pilot, Line Operations and/or Sr. Chief Pilot Line Operations and Director of Flight Operations.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* Previous supervisory/management experience is an asset.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a requirement.
* Experience using CrewTrac, CrewQual, Qpulse and Sabre products would be an asset.
* Experience managing/supervising within a unionized environment is an asset.
* A degree or diploma is required. Preference would go to those who have obtained a degree or diploma in Business, Industrial relations or aviation management.
* Labour relations training or experience is an asset.
* At least 2 years of experience working in an aviation (or other industry) operations environment is required.
* Leadership with the ability to delegate while maintaining overall control and direction.
* Communicate and build strategic working relationships effectively within and outside the organization.
* High stress tolerance as it relates to critical decision making.
* Emergency Response Training is an asset.
Please Note: Must be Fluently Bilingual in French and English if position is based in Montreal.
about 1 month ago
only 20 days until close
27 days ago
only 29 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
4 days ago
only 24 days until close