3 months ago
Line Manager, Supplier Quality, Global 7000 Program-TOR03956
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Support daily meetings with Procurement, Supplier Management and Supplier Compliance Liaison teams in order to cascade/ensure priorities alignment.
- Prepare and assist Management in gathering information and preparing presentations,
- Attend key meetings/reviews such as Ops Corrective Action Review, Supplier calls, Quality management reviews, Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reviews with suppliers or Intersite in order to drive performance improvement
- Demonstrate leadership, entrepreneurship, project management skills, and commitment to teamwork,
- Support, mentor, and coach a team of Supplier Quality Technicians to assure product conformity and promote continuous improvement,
- Maintain and develop team skills and ensure compliance to internal tools & documentations/policies (QDs, QADs, QAPIs),
- Utilize problem solving techniques, six sigma methodology, Kaizen, and other Quality tools to reduce Supplier nonconformities,
- Promote and work with other departments to facilitate the resolution of key issues while supporting the business by having containment plans in place at the suppliers
- Be able to drive team results/priorities on a daily basis while having an overall roadmap for improvement
- Be able to manage requests vs priorities based on business needs
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in a technical, quality, or project management discipline.
- You have working knowledge of Quality Management Systems within a manufacturing environment (i.e. AS9100, ISO, & SMS)
- You have a minimum 5 years’ work experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Continuous Improvement. Management experience is an asset.
- You have knowledge in working with unions and collective agreements (would be an asset).
- You have strong interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- You have ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; motivation to get things done; ability to express ideas logically and coherently; positive attitude; ability to overcome obstacles; assumes full responsibility; utilize the appropriate resources to solve problems; reacts quickly to unforeseen events.
- You have experience and/or knowledge in the following field of activities to make you an excellent candidate:
- Supplier process & product audits
- Structured and analytical problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated complex problem solving capability (i.e. Kepner Tregoe) would be an asset
- Presenting and effective communication at all levels of the business
- Andon, effective containment, and corrective action methodologies
- Understanding Drawings, GDT, and CATIA would be an asset
- CAPA processes & COPQ reduction planning
- Familiarity with Aircraft systems/structures
- Strong Statistical and Computer Software knowledge
- Knowledge of Product conformity & certification
- Airworthiness regulations
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Quality Assurance/Control
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.04.2018, 2:31:27 PM