12 months ago
Line Manager Positions Available - Operations, Logistics, Quality, Methods (Manufacturing)-ONT00117
Your ideas move people
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Our Toronto, Canada Team is currently seeking qualified Supervisors for Production, Operations, Pre-flight, Quality and Logistics to play a key role in meeting the goals of the business in today's challenging and changing environment.
The assignment may be for Days, Afternoons, Midnights, Rotating and/or weekend shift.
In your role you will:
• Achieve the required Operations Unit performance by supporting and implementing the operating plan ensuring adherence to quality, cost and schedule.
• Supervise Union employees in their execution of responsibilities as defined by Bombardier Manufacturing Systems for Material Planning and Material Handling.
• Plan, implement and control functional activities in order to achieve the Operations Unit targets.
• Continuously improve business processes to ensure best practice in quality, cost and labour relations;
• Coach/develop and provide feedback to employees and address their issues, to ensure true engagement within the team.
• Utilize Bombardier Lean Methodology to ensure best practice in both quality and cost for Operations Unit deliverables in line with Bombardier's strategic vision
• Promote a ‘Safety first’ environment by achieving housekeeping standards and adherence to working practices.
• Ensure functional role is integrated into Operations Unit resulting in a one-team approach.
• Develop a ‘right first time’ environment to ensure Quality is built into the product not inspected into it.
• Maintain an equitable work environment
• Oversee the schedule of material to support Production
As our ideal candidate,
- You have possess post-secondary degree/diploma in technical discipline and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Supervisory role in a Manufacturing environment
• You have Lean, Six Sigma tools involving the shop floor processes
• You have in depth knowledge and experience in budgeting control, manufacturing and scheduling
• You have previous experience working in a unionized environment
• You have high-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service
• You are flexible and able to work various shifts, including weekends
• Experience in Aerospace, Automotive and/or heavy manufacturing will be an asset
• Pre-flight applicants must have a AME (M1 or M2) license (Required for AMO) and knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations
• Logistic applicants must have Inventory Planning and Material Handling experience
• Customer Oriented
• Problem solving
• Change Management
• Time Management
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone call. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 17.02.2017, 10:47:21 PM
6 months ago
only 18 days until close
2 months ago
only 15 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 16 days until close
14 days ago
only 19 hours until close