6 months ago
MEET VIRGIN AMERICA
Virgin America is on a brand new path to make flying good again. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Airlines, we have grown to be the premier airlines for people on the West Coast, with a reputation for creating extraordinary and stylish journeys for our guests and teammates. As a result, we've won numerous awards, topping "best airlines," "best employers," and "best operations" lists year after year. If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most loved airline in the sky, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always love to work.
Virgin America Technical Operations is hiring seasoned Line Maintenance Technicians to perform high quality routine and non-routine maintenance. Maintaining a high level of aircraft readiness is critical to the success of our airline. Technicians must be willing to operate as a team, be energetic, flexible and safety focused. If you love working on commercial aircraft and being a member of a high performing team, this job is for you.
SFO (VX - 230427), DAL (VX - 230418), LAX/JFK (VX - 230426)
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports maintenance activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Ensures Virgin America aircraft are ready for scheduled flights.
- Works collectively with all departments to deliver the best possible guest experience.
- Performs day to day planned and unplanned aircraft Line Maintenance.
- Performs Virgin America maintenance in compliance with Company manuals & job cards.
- Completes and maintains required training and specialized training.
- Participates actively in the development and improvement of maintenance methods.
- Maintains Line Maintenance related tooling, stands and ground equipment.
- Performs all aspects of Line Maintenance. (e.g., Troubleshooting, Inspections, Taxi & Engine Run etc.)
- The day to day performance of maintenance on A320 and A319 aircraft.
- Performs maintenance according to the Virgin America Maintenance Manuals.
- Communicates with Maintenance Control as defined in the GMM.
- Participates in maintaining the preparedness of the maintenance station.
- Performs all work tasks with a high level of quality.
- Ensures all paperwork and records are completed and handled as outline in the GMM.
- Participates in aircraft specific specialized training.
- Provides regular predictable attendance.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- Ability to lift 85 lbs.
- Ability to clearly write, read, and speak the English language.
- Ability to squat, bend and climb regularly.
- Ability to work off of stands and lift trucks.
- Ability to read wire diagrams and disseminate various levels of work instruction related to Line Maintenance and Aircraft Modification.
- Skilled in A320/A319 systems and troubleshooting.
- Able and willing to work any shift to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to qualify for an airport security badge.
- Possesses a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Valid driver's license.
- FAA drug test required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Sheet metal and Avionics skills.
- 2 years of air carrier commercial aircraft maintenance experience.
- 2 years of A320 Family aircraft hands on experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in San Francisco, California