about 1 year ago
L-3 Electronic System Services (L-3 ESS), a division of L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated logistics and system support services providing OEM and third party MRO for a variety of avionics, inertial navigation systems, radars, cockpit displays and other systems. As an aftermarket services provider we provide integrated and performance based logistics support, logistics management, supply chain management and technical solutions for air, land and naval platforms for both defense and commercial applications.
L-3 ESS employs highly skilled and experienced personnel, including logisticians, engineers, technologists and technicians and we are now seeking a motivated individual to fill the following position in the Halifax area:
Life Cycle Material Manager (2 positions)
Your daily job will be to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, while minimizing the Life Cycle Cost associated with the support of your assigned materiel. This will require you to provide the technical data and advice necessary for senior managers, equipment users and other logistics managers, to make informed decisions regarding the disposition of materiel. Other duties will be to:
* Monitor equipment acquisition and acceptance into service
* Monitor equipment availability and serviceability
* Direct disposition of spare and repairable assets
* Analyze unsatisfactory condition reports
* Initiate and/or review configuration change requests
* Review and update maintenance schedules and plans
* Prepare procurement and R&O estimates
* Initiate and/or approve changes to technical publications
* Provide technical support to DND operating units
* Provide technical support to L3 ESS technicians and engineers
* Provide disposal recommendations
Ideally you have a post secondary education or equivalent Military Training and experience in a technical or highly analytical environment. As a highly analytical thinker with careful consideration for detail and accuracy you will demonstrate your ability to effectively parse life cycle data to direct the disposition of spare assets. Other experience desired is:
* Technologist diploma or equivalent military training and experience.
* Previous experience in performing life cycle materiel management.
* Knowledge of Microsoft office suite of software products.
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of CP140 avionics an asset.
* Knowledge of DRMIS an asset.
* Knowledge of airworthiness regulations an asset.
* Must be able to obtain a Canadian Industrial Security Clearance to SECRET level as soon as possible.
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Electronic Systems