10 months ago
LIDAR Chief Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54501BR Date posted 09/28/City Westford
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead ongoing technical efforts to develop and integrate LIDAR capabilities into our high performance sensor portfolio for varying airborne platforms, and establish and execute the objectives and technical growth path for spiral upgrades to those systems.
* Provide technical expertise and guidance in specifying, architecting, designing, and deploying airborne remote sensing LIDAR systems.
* Create innovative technology solutions to diverse, complex problems associated with the sensor integration, collection and processing of high resolution terrain information.
* Responsible for setting and driving all technical strategic goals, product technical roadmaps, and technical objectives for the product line that support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
* Is the main point of contact for technical issues and details as required by the program, customer, partners and regulatory agencies.
* Provide technical leadership for design, development, system integration, and system architecture.
* Champion new product development across multiple functional areas within engineering. Initiate evaluation and investigation of new technologies.
* Ensures the development and maintenance of technical risk analysis methods and gap closure plans
* Directs/performs technical system-level trade studies
* Drives product technical execution and decision-making
* Leads product engineering and development activities to ensure all system requirements are met
* Ensures overall product integration
* Supports definition of program schedule
* Establishes technical objectives for product engineering and assures technical goals are met
* Collaborates and coordinates across the ISR Systems enterprise to ensure that technologies, operational experience, and technical vision are leveraged.
* Collaborate with internal and enterprise teams to develop roadmaps and drive tech development via R&D
* LIDAR and imaging targeting technology; system engineering with an understanding of requirements generation and product/project prioritization, aerospace and defense industry technical management, technical leadership of a multifaceted engineering team.
* Military and law enforcement aircraft products, systems and applications; application and use of airborne intelligence equipment in military and commercial operations.
* Candidate should have a passion for airborne intelligence gathering and customer use of EO/IR imaging systems.
* Strong Internal / External customer interface is required.
* Strong technical leadership experience
* Candidate must be proactive in interfacing with optical, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to define and iterate requirements and design.
* driving all technical strategic goals, product technical roadmaps, and technical objectives for the product line
* Due to programs/projects for this position, candidate must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a US DoD Clearance.
* 30-40% Domestic/International travel is required
* BS degree w/ 7+ years’ experience is required.
* MS degree is preferred.
Degree’s in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field is preferred.
Additional training in systems engineering, remote sensing systems and domains desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.