3 months ago
The Library Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the Technical library, to include filing of technical and government publications. The Library Technician is a direct report to the Quality Control Manager.
• Establish and maintain a Master Technical Data Library, to include all technical publications and applicable government publications regarding the customer’s aircraft
• Requisition necessary publications and incorporate revisions and changes
• Maintain a current reference listing of all on-hand publications.
• Responsible for distribution of applicable technical data/forms to the field sites and file revision incorporation forms returned from the field
• Assist in the content design and format of publications issued by Quality Control
• Maintains master file of all forms used
• Able to work any assigned shift or scheduled, including mission support outside normal duty hours
• Incumbent performs other job-related tasks, as assigned and required duties/tasks included in the employee's performance evaluation elements are essential to that employee's position within the job classification.
• Education: High School Diploma required
• Experience: 2 years recent experience directly related to maintaining aircraft technical publications
• Able to demonstrate a working knowledge aircraft maintenance terminology
• Must possess knowledge of data processing techniques using standard computer terminals
• Proficient with MS Word and Excel
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment. Must be able to climb/board aircraft. Must be able to bend, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp. Must be able to walk for long distances moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as for typing. Must be able to communicate effectively. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 20 pounds. Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects or small parts. Must be able to work in extreme heat. Will be subject to noise and hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat. Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. Must be able to work in narrow aisles or passageways.
Some travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Individual Contributor
: Apr 13, 2018, 6:00:02 PM
: Library Services