7 months ago
Liaison Engineer evening shift - CSeries-MIR02377
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Support daily production, completions and delivery operations in our manufacturing and assembly areas (ex: follow up on non-conformity reports (NCRs), key performance indicators (KPIs), etc) ;
- Design, analyze and disposition repairs for structural non-conformances in a timely manner to restore design integrity in sub-assembly, final line and preflight areas of Bombardier Aerospace.
- Rapidly design repairs based on equivalent strength / stiffness of surrounding structure while in a production schedule-driven environment.
- Interpret engineering drawings, specs & provide guidance to employees and Methods & Production.
- Adhere to Bombardier Aerospace Materiel Review Board (MRB) and Quality Assurance (QA) procedures.
- Lead internal audits according to the ISO standards ISO, Transport Canada, NADCAP and six sigma
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in aircraft structures in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of company products.
- Participate in projects that aim to increase productivity, reduce waste and improve financial performance;
- Work in close cooperation with other Engineering disciplines such as Systems, Stress, Materials & Processes, Propulsion, and Support Groups such as Logistics, Methods & Quality in order to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Support on-call production final line outside of your normal shift (support 24/7)
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a University or a College degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering or in a related field;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of Material Review Board (MRB) or airframe design experience in aerospace;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft structures & system installation technical requirements
- You have a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure and in a ramp-up production environment;
- You have a practical working experience using Catia V4 / V5 or AutoCAD;
- You are on the evening shift
- You are bilingual (French and English).
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Mirabel CSeries
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.01.2018, 6:29:52 PM