10 months ago
Responsibilities for the Level II Service Desk Technician will include the following:
• Providing Tier 2 Service Desk support for a large scale government program under a robust ITIL v3 based Service Delivery model.
• Delivering assistance and complex support to users to include subject matter expertise on supported software applications to include hardware and software technical assistance and service requests from the Tier 1 level.
• Utilizing state of the art diagnostic tools and monitoring systems to communicate and lead efforts to bring critical systems back online for end users.
Education: Applicant must have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field and at least two to four (2-4) years of experience is required. Additional education can be substituted for experience.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The following is required:
• In-depth knowledge of Windows 2012 server, IIS, JAVA and PKI implementations.
• Ability to create and edit technical documentations which includes System Operations guides
• Ability to apply networking concepts such as DNS, TCP/IP, ports, protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
• Understanding of concepts such as ITIL, ITSM, Agile, GoLean, SDLC
• Experience using ITSM Ticketing systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, JIRA) and application monitoring tools
• Ability to ramp-up quickly and learn new applications from both business and technical aspects
• Ability to problem solve complex user issues with minimal information
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of and complete relatively complex tasks, effectively using available resources, as needed, with minimal guidance
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven customer service skills
• Ability to travel
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
The preferred applicant will have the following:
• Five (5) or more years of experience working as a tiered support staff supporting production-based applications including two (2) or more years experience at Tier 2 level
• Experience under an ITIL v3 Service Operation framework supporting web applications (i.e. incident, problem and knowledge management)
• Experience with one or more: AWS, JBoss, RHEL, Java development, Oracle and Sybase
• One or more certifications: AWS, Network+, ITIL Foundations
• Experience with developing communication and training artifacts to support enterprise-wide deployments of IT initiatives
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work streams, including projects and program initiatives, and prioritize, manage, and execute effectively with compressed time lines and ambiguous tasking
• Experience with Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI) highly desired
• Experience with NAVAIR Fleet Service Array (NFSA) highly desired
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.