6 months ago
Leisure Travel Consultant
We are looking for ambitious sales-focused experts who are enthusiastic and passionate about travel. You excel at providing excellent customer service and consistently exceed clients’ expectations. You are a team player who will contribute to the results of the Travel Branch by meeting and exceeding your own sales and revenue targets. You are a professional who can create expertly curated leisure itineraries quickly and proficiently. Your goal is to gain loyal and repeat customers striving to secure life-long clients.
Working hours: from Monday to Friday on day shift.
* Generate revenue, meet established monthly and yearly sales and revenue targets;
* Quickly determine specific client needs and source solutions using all tools available;
* Network and promote new travel business;
* Sell travel packages in all product categories to include the preparation of complex itineraries;
* Communicate confidently and enthusiastically to advise clients on travel options offered by our various partners to close sales;
* In a resourceful, entrepreneurial and thorough manner research and book travel products using our website; Apollo; Consul PC; Galileo Vacations and the internal reservations systems;
* Be alert to changing trends; customer needs and be able to adapt the services to the client’s needs even when difficult circumstances arise.
* Sales and customer service focused;
* Must have a track record of proven success in retail travel sales;
* Experience in planning and booking worldwide travel containing a mix of products;
* Must have a minimum of 2 years handling leisure related travel within an agency environment;
* Maximize the profit on every sale by comfortably selling ancillary products;
* Ability to influence using proficient sales and prospecting techniques while building friendly and positive relationships;
* Social Media savvy;
* Strong communicator; participative; enthusiastic; optimistic; accommodating; energetic; verbal and active;
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Apollo, Consul PC, Galileo Vacations or equivalent;
* Flexible working schedule and able to work out of standard regular hours to participate in tradeshows, conferences, sales events and as part of the role;
* Ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
* Bilingual, French, English;
* OPC certification.
* Good time management and follow-through on goals, plans, and projects;
* Excellent customer service skills- Demonstrates personal and organizational integrity;
* Exhibits excellent problem solving skills;
* Capability of maintaining a favorable image when interfacing with internal and external customers;
* Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
Location : Montreal Head Office / Downtown
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Travel agency
Business segment : Travel agencies and distribution
Business unit : Transat Distribution Canada
Job # : TDC-18-052
End date of posting : 2018-02-26