8 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
L3 WESCAM Legal Counsel position, will provide legal support on a broad array of topics to various functional areas. The Candidate will interact with members of senior leadership teams, providing leadership and guidance surrounding a broad range of legal matters affecting day-to-day business operations.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Act as in-house legal counsel to the L3 WESCAM Division, reporting to and in support of the General Counsel
* Work in close collaboration with General Counsel and business partners in formulating strategy, identifying and / or mitigating legal risks and issues associated with contractual pursuits, patents, data rights / licensing agreements, and on-going programs
* Develop risk mitigation strategies, as appropriate
* Provide leadership in ensuring employee compliance with Company Ethics standards, Company policies as well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Provide legal support on a broad array of topics
* Areas of focus will involve government and commercial contracts, government regulations, intellectual property (IP), software, investigations, employment law, company policies, litigation, audits, corporate governance, cross border transactions, international law, human resources and other issues
* Provide timely legal advice on terms and conditions for prime contracts and subcontracts, teaming agreements, joint ventures and other business agreements. Draft and review documentation related to same and participate in negotiations, as required.
* Provide and / or support training activities relating the contract negotiations, terms and conditions, and export compliance.
* Manage and oversee legal matters pertaining to ethics complaints, investigations, employment law including labor
* Stay abreast of new business laws and regulations impacting the aerospace and defense industry and brief management as required
* Deep expertise in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)and design/ build contracting, is required.
* Experience in crafting and negotiating or supporting the negotiation of teaming and other collaborative agreements and superior analytical, legal research and writing skills, and the ability to synthesize information in a fast-paced environment
* International contracts experience managing issues related to ITAR, EAR and FCPA is preferred.
* Hold a National Security Clearance, preferred, or otherwise are eligible for such clearance.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Juris Doctorate or LLB degree from an accredited law school is required
* BSc degree in a related technical or business field is desired but not necessary
* Four (4) years of relevant experience is required, a portion of which has been as an in-house counsel with a DoD contractor or experience practicing in a major law firm
* Must be in good standing with the federal and provincial courts and bar authorities where he / she is licensed to practice law
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam