10 months ago
The Learning & Development Manager will design and deliver training programs. Use organizational skills to be responsible for management of various business projects that drive revenue, increase productivity and improve processes. Use agility and ability to support functions/programs to roll out training programs, achieve metrics and track milestones. Develop tests, visual aids and criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities are additional responsibilities. The manager must be up to date with current training and development research; learning theory, motivation theory, new materials, methods, and techniques. The trainer will evaluate and develop in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, prepare personnel for positions of greater responsibility, and increase employee effectiveness in present assignments.
* Performs, participates in or manages all duties related to training development and delivering
* Develop, direct, plan, track and evaluate all training activities to meet the organization’s job and role requirements and compliance.
* Determines value added training requirements thru interfacing and understanding the needs of the different functional and business areas.
* Responds to training needs based on operational and regulatory requirements
* Manage and ensure the timely completion of specific and defined multi–discipline learning programs and apply expertise in common rapid eLearning authoring tools.
* Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate trainees’ performance
* Develop and nurture client relationships and work closely with clients and subject matter experts to identify training needs, develop and implement learning strategies, programs, and processes for the effective usage of the organization’s human capital.
* Create maintenance related curriculums, supporting course documentation, including design documents, storyboards, guides, learning objectives, tests and evaluations.
* Ability to convert ideas and concepts into an effective combination of audio and visual impressions.
* Demonstrate in–depth project and financial management experience of sourcing external training products, including identifying, qualifying, selecting, and monitoring vendors and suppliers and negotiating final contracts.
* Sets the highest ethical standards for self and others.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Aviation Management, Maintenance or Technology or a related filed or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
* 6+ years of directly related experience of which should include 2 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance or aviation support role; and include 2 years in a Supervisory role
* Professional Certifications; CPTM or CTDP preferred.
* Experience with learning technologies, designing and implementing learning solutions using presentation, social, mobile, video, micro–learning and computer based training.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to translate complex concepts and data into graphically appealing and easy to understand presentations.
* Ability to interpret technical training requirements
* Superior customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
* Able to take initiative, creating, implementing and improving procedures
* Ability to think and plan strategically but execute and act on the tactical requirements needed
* Flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities and/or organizational needs
* Travel will be required.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Apr 30, 2018, 5:01:50 PM
: Training And Management Development