12 months ago
This position is for Second in Command (SIC) of a Learjet 35/36 operating under 14 CFR Part 91/135, ICAO, and DOD regulations in support of a Commercial Air Services USN contract. This position requires a strong ability to multi-task, making high level complex decisions while completing a variety of aviation related tasks.
This job primarily operates in a Learjet 35/36; however, you will also work in an office environment where you’ll be required to use typical office equipment. Must be able to maintain a FAA Second Class Medical. Must be able to climb onto and off of a Learjet wing as part of the preflight, post flight, or during an over wing emergency exit. Must be able to crouch, stoop, and have digital dexterity for aircraft preflight and post flight. May incur exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch or level significant enough to cause marked distraction or possible hearing loss while performing operations on the airfield ramp. Must have the endurance to execute flights of up to 4.5 hours up to a total flight time of 10 hours per day during a 14 hour duty period.
• Expected to be available for scheduling twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. A draft weekly schedule is produced with final flight assignments published the evening prior.
• Complete the required preflight, through flight and post flight inspections of the aircraft.
• Complete annual flight checks in accordance with 14 CFR 135.293.
• Assist in flight planning by completing weight and balance calculations and load manifests, performing aircraft performance calculations and preparing the TOLD card.
• Assist with the boarding of any passengers, including any required passenger briefings, and the loading of baggage and/or cargo.
• Perform Pilot Flying and Pilot Not Flying duties including:
o Communication and navigation worldwide IAW 14 CFR Part 135, ICAO and applicable DOD regulations.
o Complex profiles with precisely timed heading, altitude, and speed changes.
o Low altitude flight down to 100 feet AGL over water or 300 feet AGL over land.
o Formation flight.
o Air intercepts in accordance with the current Top Gun manual.
o Banner Tow for air to air gunnery.
o Target Tow for surface to air gunnery and RDT&E.
o Electronic Warfare utilized for air to air or air to surface.
• Maintain an aircraft compatible set of headphones with operable boom microphone.
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Director of Flight Operations.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• A Commercial Pilot certificate with Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Ratings
o 1500 hours total time
o 1200 hours as PIC of fixed wing aircraft
o 500 hours cross-country
o 200 hours as PIC in multi-engine airplane
o 100 hours as PIC night
o 75 hours instrument
• Current FAA First Class Medical
• Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance, current Security Clearance preferred
• ATP Written or Multiengine ATP with Learjet Type Rating preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 to 3 years’ of experience as a fixed wing pilot with tactical background
Other Desired Qualifications Include:
• Communication proficiency
• Technical capacity
• Collaboration skills
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance. Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: May 3, 2018, 11:25:47 AM
: No Benchmark NX Operative Grade 6