6 months ago
The Lean Leader will demonstrate knowledge and execution of lean, six sigma and process improvement concepts, approaches and methodologies; and will own the site's training, lean tool utilization and implementing lean strategies. Focus on projects / process improvement to ensure that products are manufactured with the appropriate safety, quality, cost and delivered. A strong manufacturing, continuous improvement, and teaming expertise will establish the foundation of this role.
As the Lean Leader, you will:
* Drive lean manufacturing activities through the evolution of the GE production system at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrate Leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment
* Utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term goals
* Act as a change agent in the implementation of demand flow technology utilizing state of the art tools and methodologies
* Establish and implement team strategies, programs and practices to achieve world class manufacturing inventory turns and process flow
* Lead multiple Demand Flow Technology teams and drive best practices in process design and implementation
* Advise and counsel leaders and teams on issues impacting inventory and work in-process flow
* Create the lean vision and implement the lean strategy to reduce inventory, lead-time and waste at the manufacturing facility
* Drive measurable improvements in productivity and product flow
* Lead action workouts, develop pull systems, train personnel and other activities to achieve a world-class lean process flow
* Promote Lean Six Sigma integration utilizing strength of both methods to achieve business goals
* Lead manufacturing teams in establishing product flow for plant value streams utilizing visual management tools
* Encourage use of Lean tools to pull materials from suppliers, through our plant
* Champion change across the organization to foster the growth in Lean and site teaming journey
* Define and manage investment and expense needs that are in line with Growth Playbook Strategy
* Lead and / or co-lead site Lean initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
* Drive engagement with site business leaders to collaborate in Lean initiatives that foster goal attainment for current and future business needs
* Lead multiple projects driven from team engagement and site Priorities
* Bring new ideas, motivation and positive support to all levels of the organization
* Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, inventory and cost savings
* Interface with vendors / OEM's and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that technology and processes are positioned for current and future success
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing / quality improvement or production support position (Including a minimum of 3 years of people leadership experience)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing
* Corporate Training Program graduate (Manufacturing / Operations / Engineering)
* Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
* Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
* Ability to work in a matrix organization
* Ability to facilitate across all levels of the organization
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects
* Strong project and team leadership experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.