10 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Shipping/Receiving Leader is responsible for overseeing the dock, picking and packing operations. The position will monitor daily shipping schedules and ensure all completed products are properly packed and shipped by the due date. This position is also responsible for the proper receiving of materials into the building, stocking these materials into location and providing timely communication to the organization. Working knowledge of Microsoft office is desirable.
* Responsible for developing and implementing dock safety standards.
* Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; selects appropriate shipping container; packs and labels items to ensure safe delivery. Sets department schedule to align with carrier pickups and deliveries.
* Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
* Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; process return shipments from customers. Responsible for received materials to be placed in appropriate locations.
* Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
* Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel. Insures carrier acknowledges any missing or damaged goods.
* Will maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
* Operates dolly, pallet jack, and/or walkie in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
* Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
* Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
* Math skills
* Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices
* Knowledge of dock safety
* Understanding of inventory practices and importance of inventory accuracy
Minimum: High School Degree or equivalent with 2 years of manufacturing experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.